Fabric OS v6.4.1 Release Notes v1.0 Page 28 of 62
• When disk and tape CTCs are hosted on the same encryption engine, re-keying cannot be done
while tape backup or restore operations are running. Re-keying operations must be scheduled at a
time that does not conflict with normal tape I/O operations. The LUNs should not be configured
with auto rekey option when single EE has disk and tape CTCs.
• Gatekeeper LUNs used by SYMAPI on the host for configuring SRDF/TF using in-band
management must be added to their containers with LUN state as “cleartext”, encryption policy as
“cleartext” and without “-newLUN” option.
• For new features added to encryption in FOS v6.4.0, such as, disk device decommissioning,
combined disk-tape encryption support on the same encryption engine, and redundant key ID
metadata option for replication environments, all the nodes in the encryption group must be
running FOS v6.4.0 or higher versions of FOS. Firmware downgrade will be prevented from FOS
v6.4.0 to a lower version if one or more of these features are in use.
• Special Notes for HP Data Protector backup/restore application
• Tape Pool encryption policy specification:
o On Windows Systems, HP Data Protector can be used with tape pool encryption
specification only if the following pool label options are used:
Pick from Barcode
User Supplied – Only 9 characters or less
For other options, behavior defaults to Tape LUN encryption policy.
o On HP-UX systems, HP Data Protector cannot be used with tape pool encryption
specification for any of the pool options. The behavior defaults to Tape LUN
• Tape LUN encryption policy specification:
o No restrictions, tape LUN encryption policy specification can be used with HP Data
Protector on HP-UX and Windows systems.
• For multi-pathed disk LUNs, the same key life period must be set for all LUN paths otherwise, auto
rekey may be initiaed earlier than expected (defect 319097). Also when adding LUNs with
multiple paths to the same EE, ensure that the identical key life period is used for all the paths to
the LUN and that modifications of this value after initially set is avoided (defect 316100).
• Adding LUNs to a crypto target container that has already been committed will require a host to re-
discover the LUN to see it (defect 318425).
Adaptive Networking/Flow-Based QoS Prioritization
• When using QoS in a fabric with 4G ports or switches, FOS v6.0 or later must be installed on all
products in order to pass QoS info. E_Ports from the DCX to other switches must come up AFTER
6.0 is running on those switches.
• Flow based QoS is NOT supported on FC8 blades in the Brocade 48000.
• Any products that are not capable of operating with FOS 6.0 may NOT exist in a fabric with Flow
based QoS. Major problems will occur if previous generation 2G products exist in the fabric.
When running Adaptive Networking in AG mode note the following:
o QoS takes precedence over ingress rate limiting
o Ingress Rate Limiting is not enforced on trunked ports