Copyright © 2010 Caringo, Inc.
All rights reserved 68
Appendix F. Customizing the Admin Console
The console ships with a set of default styles. These styles are persisted in the following files.
• console.css – baseline set of styles.
• console_print.css – a small set of overrides for the printed page.
• console_print_preview.css - the styles for the on screen print view.
These files are loaded at boot time from a USB or centralized configuration's /caringo/console
directory. If the files are not present in the configuration location, internal versions of these files will
The styles defined in the standard files can be overridden with custom styles on a style-by-style
basis. Any styles not overridden will revert to the baseline styles provided in the default stylesheets.
To make customization easier, a centralized configuration web server is recommended when
customizing the console. To override the baseline styles using centralized configuration, do the
1. Create new style sheet file(s). Your new style sheets will define one or more styles from
console.css, console_print.css or console_print_preview.css that you wish to
override. As a practical consideration, you can copy and paste the styles that you wish to override
from the default style sheets and then change their definitions.
2. Install your new styles and place them on any web server that the DX Storage cluster has access
to. Best practice is to name your style sheets something other than the default style sheet names
3. Configure the cluster to reference your new styles with the consoleStyleURL and
consoleReportStyleURL node configuration parameters. The latter is used for both the
console_print.css and console_print_preview.css stylesheets when overriding styles.
If a centralized configuration server is not available for your cluster, the console styles can
be updated by modifying the default styles in console.css, console_print.css and
console_print_preview.css on the USB flash drive for each node. It is highly recommended
that you take a backup of the default file prior to modifying it in case you need to revert to the default