High-speed internal drive with DVD±R/±RW and DVD-RAM read/write,
±R double-layer capability, and LightScribe direct disc labeling
Compatible and versatile
• Record to all major formats on one drive: ±R/±RW, DVD-RAM,
CD-R/RW, and LightScribe.
• Enjoy excellent playback compatibility on DVD drives and players.
• Record hours of video onto DVD with your PC, then play it back
in your living room.
• Record and back up critical files on DVD-RAM.
The latest technologies
• Get the latest optical storage features in the HP dvd1040i.
• Burn discs at high speeds.
• Record to single- or double-layer DVDs, and now to DVD-RAM.
• Burn labels directly to disc with the latest LightScribe technology.²
LightScribe direct disc labeling
• LightScribe is artistic: Create beautiful labels and burn them directly
to your LightScribe discs.
• LightScribe is easy: Just burn your CD or DVD, then flip the disc
over and burn a label.
• LightScribe can’t peel off, get stuck, or cause disc damage the way
paper labels can.
• LightScribe direct disc labeling means no pens, no ink, no printer
and no sticky labels.
Creative, fun and robust
• Full software suite included—edit video, create slideshows, back up
music and data, create personalized label designs, and more.
• Surprise your family and friends with slideshows and home
movies, digitally preserved on DVD or CD, beautifully labeled with
your own personal touch and ready for playback.
• Experience high compatibility and quality results.
LightScribe labeling requires LightScribe media.
Storing 8.5 GB on one DVD requires double-layer media, sold separately. Also compatible with single-layer DVDs.
HP’s multiformat drive offers high speeds and double-layer recording,¹ and it’s LightScribe Version 1.2-ready for high-contrast LightScribe labeling.² It lets users easily preserve, edit and share up to 8.5 GB of video, photos, and multimedia presentations on one double-layer disc – and quickly store, back up and transport files on DVDs and CDs. The dvd1040i records double-layer DVDs at up to 8X, recordable DVDs at up to 20X, rewritable DVDs at up to 8X, and DVD-RAM at up to 12X.