Updating programs and drivers
To download and install software other than a BIOS update, follow these steps:
1. Access the page on the HP Web site that provides software for your computer:
Select Start > Help and Support, and then select the software and drivers update.
2. Follow the instructions on the screen to find the software you want to update.
3. At the download area, select the software you want to download and follow the instructions on the
NOTE: Make a note of the path to the location on your hard drive where the software is to be
downloaded. You will need to access this path when you are ready to install the software.
4. When the download is complete, open Windows Explorer by selecting Start > Computer.
5. Double-click your hard drive designation. The hard drive designation is typically Local Disk (C:).
6. Using the hard drive path you recorded earlier, open the folder on your hard drive that contains the
7. Double-click the file that has an .exe extension (for example, filename.exe).
The installation begins.
8. Complete the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
NOTE: After a message on the screen reports a successful installation, you can delete the downloaded
file from your hard drive.
Updating programs and drivers 75