A. Metal cabinet
B. Power supply cord bushing
6. Drill 3/8" (10 mm) holes at points "D" and "E" on the template.
These are for two 1/4-20 x 3" bolts and washers used to
secure the microwave oven to the upper cabinet.
For Roof Venting Installation Only
7. Cut 3/4" (19 mm) hole at one corner of the shaded rectangular
area "F" on Upper Cabinet Template.
8. Using a keyhole saw, cut out the rectangular area.
,,_ _:,_ i _ , _ _
Check that damper blade moves freely, and opens fully.
Position the damper assembly on the back of the microwave
oven so that the damper blade hinge is at the top, and the
damper blade opens away from the microwave oven.
A B C D
A. Back of microwave oven
B. Damper assembly
C. Damper blade
D. Sheet metal screws
3. Secure damper assembly with 2 sheet metal screws.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
IMPORTANT: The control side of the microwave oven is the heavy
side. Handle the microwave oven gently.
1. Place a washer on each 1/4-20 x 3" flat-head bolt and place
inside upper cabinet near the 3/8" (10 mm) holes.
2. Make sure the microwave oven door is closed and taped shut.
3. Using 2 or more people, lift microwave oven and hang it on
support tabs at the bottom of mounting plate.
NOTE: To avoid damage to the microwave oven, do not grip or
use the door or door handle while the microwave oven is being
A. Mounting plate
B. Support tabs
With front of microwave oven still tilted, thread power supply
cord through the power supply cord hole in the bottom of the
5. Rotate microwave oven up toward upper cabinet.
NOTE: If venting through the wall, make sure the damper
assembly fits easily into the vent in the wall cutout.
6. Push microwave oven against mounting plate and hold in