Important Safety Information
©2002 Maytag Appliances Company 16021520 Rev. 0 5
Recognize this symbol as a SAFETY message
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
1. READ all instructions before using equipment.
2. READ AND FOLLOW the specific
“PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE
EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE
3. This equipment MUST BE GROUNDED. Connect
only to properly GROUNDED outlet. See
4. Install or locate this equipment ONLY in
accordance with the installation instructions in this
5. Some products such as whole eggs and sealed
containers, for example, closed glass jars may
explode and SHOULD NOT be HEATED in this
6. Use this equipment ONLY for its intended use as
described in this manual. Do not use corrosive
chemicals or vapors in this equipment. This type
of oven is specifically designed to heat or cook. It
is not designed for industrial or laboratory use.
7. As with any equipment, CLOSE SUPERVISION
is necessary when used by CHILDREN.
8. DO NOT operate this equipment if it has a
damaged cord or plug, if it is not working
properly, or if it has been damaged or dropped.
9. This equipment, including power cord, must be
serviced ONLY by qualified service personnel.
Special tools are required to service equipment.
Contact nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair, or adjustment.
10. DO NOT cover or block filter or other openings
11. DO NOT store this equipment outdoors. DO
NOT use this product near water, for example,
near a kitchen sink, in a wet basement, or near
a swimming pool, and the like.
12. DO NOT immerse cord or plug in water.
13. Keep cord AWAY from HEATED surfaces.
14. DO NOT let cord hang over edge of table or
15. See door cleaning instructions in “Care and
16. For commercial use only.
When using electrical equipment, basic safety precautions should be followed to reduce the risk of burns,
electrical shock, fire, or injury to persons.
a. DO NOT overcook food. Carefully attend
equipment if paper, plastic, or other combustible
materials are placed inside the oven to facilitate
b. Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic
bags before placing bag in oven.
c. KEEP oven DOOR CLOSED, turn oven off, and
disconnect the power cord, or shut off power at
the fuse or circuit breaker panel, if materials
inside the oven should ignite. Fire may spread
if door is opened.
d. DO NOT use the cavity for storage. DO NOT
leave paper products, cooking utensils, or food
To reduce risk of fire in the oven cavity: